Blast, Ballistic, and Forced-Entry-Resistant Operable Windows and Doors
Bulletproof windows and doors slide open or closed and hardened compression frame allows easy installation
For the first time, ERDC’s blast, ballistic, and forced-entry resistant operable windows and doors combine superior bulletproof fortification with the versatility of a sliding window or pre-hung door. Designed to integrate into perimeter protection at diplomatic facilities and military installations abroad, the hardened compression frame and sliding capability enable it to be opened or closed with ease. Furthermore, this feature enables personnel inside to return fire, significantly upgrading the security of a building.
The technology contains panel frames that slide open or closed on heavy-duty flow rails. This modular design allows users to install the window and door systems without having to anchor the components into the wall itself. Furthermore, the system can occupy rough (i.e., not plumb or square) openings as a window or door, simplifying its integration into existing buildings. The hardened window and door system represents a technological breakthrough in lifesaving blast, ballistics, and forced-entry protection.
- Bulletproof: Blast, ballistic, and forced-entry resistant
- Safer: Sliding windows and/or doors provide return fire gun ports
- Proven: Demonstrated blast protection and installed in structures overseas
- Flexible: Doors and windows can be used in new or existing buildings with wide tolerances for opening size
- Modular: Operable window and pre-hung door require no anchoring to frames
- Military (e.g., bases, command centers, expeditionary forces)
- Dept. of State security (e.g., diplomatic facilities, embassies, borders)
- Relief agencies (e.g., Doctors without Borders, Red Cross, NGOs)
- Asset protection (e.g., critical infrastructure, data storage facilities, communications centers)
- Law enforcement
- Hospitals (e.g., medical units)
- Medical units