Water Diagnostics Operations Gear (WaterDOG)
A water sensing toolkit that rapidly collects, monitors, and reports water quality data from any water source
The geo-enabled Water Diagnostics Operations Gear (WaterDOG) provides instant and accurate evaluation of water quality and rapid reporting via wireless transmission. The WaterDOG outperforms currently used water testing sensors by continuously monitoring flow and accurately and quickly delineating the locations of the cleanest source waters to use for water production.
The WaterDOG features a water sensor flow cell within a manifold that accommodates several sensors in direct contact with the water under test. A stream of water flows continuously through the manifold while sensors continuously transmit data values. Once collected, these data are digitized and can be rapidly transmitted to multiple end users for better management. The WaterDog can be combined with ERDC’s bleach generator within the breakthrough Water Assessment and Purification Toolkit (WAsP), providing portable, reverse osmosis water purification with electro-chlorination, UV sanitation, and water-monitoring capability.
- Accurate: Digitally senses turbidity, temperature, conductivity, pH, oxidation reduction, dissolved oxygen, free chlorine, and more
- Easy-to-use: Touch screen display and wireless transmission
- Portable: Small form factor can be carried in the field and monitored remotely
- Fast: Instant evaluation and rapid reporting via geo-enabled wireless transmission
- Cost-saving: Enables better management and less reliance on bottled-water purchases and distribution channels
- Remediation (e.g. water purification, filtration, testing)
- Public works (e.g. water treatment, storage, distribution)
- EPA (e.g. environmental monitoring)
- Industrial manufacturing
- Disaster relief
- Military (e.g. water purification, expeditionary forces)