Ready Armor Protection Instant Deployment (RAPID)
Rapidly deployable protective barrier for asset protection and urban operations
Ready Armor Protection Instant Deployment (RAPID) is an accordion-like security wall for quickly establishing physical barriers with ballistic protection in urban environments. When expanded for use, RAPID provides ballistic/fragmentation protection, intrusion prevention, and line-of-sight denial. RAPID is scalable, recoverable, and can be tailored to meet specified threats. Beyond military and homeland security scenarios, RAPID can be used in domestic crowd control as well as law enforcement.
Contained in a small shipping container (8’ x 8’ x 4.8’ Quadcon), the 9,000-pound RAPID steel barrier wall is 6’6″ tall and can expand like an accordion to 35’ long. Featuring a hydraulic system and wheels to reduce the manpower and time required for assembly, the wall can be deployed with an unskilled crew of five in less than 30 minutes.
- Bulletproof: Provides ballistic and blast protection
- Flexible: Expands to any length and deployable in uneven terrain
- Modular: Self-contained, collapsible, recoverable, and repairable for optimized logistics
- Rapid deployment: Can be assembled 7 times faster than comparable technologies by an unskilled crew of 5
- Resource independent: No power or special equipment is required for installation
- Crowd control (e.g. large events, parades, festivals)
- Roadways (e.g., construction, roadblocks, checkpoints, traffic management)
- Asset protection (e.g. critical infrastructure)
- Urban security and operations
- Law enforcement (e.g., checkpoints, traffic)
- School security
- Military (e.g., bases, command centers, expeditionary forces)